Document:Trump said to deprecate Netanyahu's intention to bump off Assad
On the basis of reports in the Jerusalem Post, Wall Street Journal, and other sources, the Zero Hedge news site not only documents and headlines on August 29th, “Israel Threatens To Bomb Assad’s Presidential Palace” but makes clear that Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu personally informed Russian President Vladimir Putinof this intention during his meeting with Putin in Sochi on August 23rd, and that Netanyahu said there that Israel will do this unless Putin stops Iran and Shiites generally from defeating Al Qaeda, ISIS, and other Sunni fundamentalist organisations who are trying to take over Syria.
- “Iran continues to threaten Israel’s existence, and it funds terror organisations and missile plans,” Netanyahu told Putin. “Wherever ISIS disappeared, Iran has taken over. Iran is already on its way to taking control of Iraq, Yemen, and in many ways has already taken over Lebanon.”
The great investigative journalist Seymour Hersh, in two previous articles in the London Review of Books ("Whose Sarin?" and "The Red Line and the Rat Line") has reported that the Obama Administration falsely blamed the government of Syria’s Bashar al-Assad for the sarin gas attack that Obama was trying to use as an excuse to invade Syria; and Hersh pointed to a report from British intelligence saying that the sarin that was used didn’t come from Assad’s stockpiles. Hersh also said that a secret agreement in 2012 was reached between the Obama Administration and the leaders of Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar, to set up a sarin gas attack and blame it on Assad so that the US could invade and overthrow Assad. «By the terms of the agreement, funding came from Turkey, as well as Saudi Arabia and Qatar; the CIA, with the support of MI6, was responsible for getting arms from Gaddafi’s arsenals into Syria». Hersh didn’t say whether these «arms» included the precursor chemicals for making sarin which were stockpiled in Libya, but there have been multiple independent reports that Libya’s Gaddafi possessed such stockpiles, and also that the US Consulate in Benghazi Libya was operating a «rat line» for Gaddafi’s captured weapons into Syria through Turkey.
- "That ambassador who was killed, he was known as a guy, from what I understand, as somebody, who would not get in the way of the CIA. As I wrote, on the day of the mission he was meeting with the CIA base chief and the shipping company. He was certainly involved, aware and witting of everything that was going on. And there’s no way somebody in that sensitive of a position is not talking to the boss, by some channel."
- "In the book Hersh’s The Killing of Osama bin Laden, just out you quote a former intelligence official as saying that the White House rejected 35 target sets [for the planned US invasion of Syria] provided by the Joint Chiefs as being insufficiently painful to the Assad regime. (You note that the original targets included military sites only – nothing by way of civilian infrastructure.) Later the White House proposed a target list that included civilian infrastructure. What would the toll to civilians have been if the White House’s proposed strike had been carried out?»
- "Whose Sarin?"
- "The Red Line and the Rat Line"
- "Libya: Isis Takes over Gaddafi-Era Chemical Factory, Steals Tons of Mustard Gas, Sarin"
- "Libya militias capture chemical weapons: army official"
- "ISIS stole sarin gas from Libya stores & has already used it, Gaddafi’s cousin tells RT"
- "Top US and Saudi Officials responsible for Chemical Weapons in Syria"
- "Possible Implications of Faulty US Technical Intelligence in the Damascus Nerve Agent Attack of August 21, 2013"
- "Exclusive Interview: Seymour Hersh Dishes on Saudi Oil Money Bribes and the Killing of Osama Bin Laden"
- "Seymour Hersh’s News Report Banned in U.S., Is Finally Confirmed in Turkey"
- "Obama’s Invasion Plan of Syria Was Drawn Up by Kim Roosevelt in 1957"
| Eric Zuesse |