Climate Change .AGW and all points from Activism to Skepticism.



I have produced this PDF of notes as preparation for making a children's book to help my children understand science and the scientific method.





Some of my recent posts here on this blog have been responses to what I sensed as a sort of guilt by association people felt if in the presence of a ´´Denier´, that suspected denier being yours truly.
 The Mc Carthyism aspects and the ad hominem discourse on this important question have been troubling  me for some time. Scepticism does not change the truth of any proposition, Scepticism is an important ingredient in the scientific method. The 97% consensus regarding ´Climate Science´, the part of the ´Science ´which is purported to be ´Settled´are really all rather vague and ill-defined terms which I find a little confusing. On Scepticism when asked 10 out of 10 scientists would confirm that they prefer it.

So in the spirit of having nothing to fear but fear itself and hopefully to give, Activists and Deniers
alike a rest from the usual debunking industry fare: here, is my best shot at a balanced collection of what I have found to be informative and thought provoking material. I quote extensively from the IPCC. The reports are actually rather more measured than the summaries for the policy makers and press. The parts from the scientific community are evidence that scientific scepticism is alive and well. You can take the Scepticism out of the Scientism , But you can not take the Sceptic out of the scientist. 

Comments

Check Out Popular Posts